Health and Safety
It is our top priority across all our nurseries that your little one remains safe, healthy, and happy whilst in our care.
Our teams are dedicated to ensuring your little one’s mental and physical wellbeing is at the forefront of our care, as well as taking all the necessary steps to provide a secure, supportive environment in which they can flourish. As an experienced provider of childcare our top responsibilities include:
- Providing first aid and basic health and safety training to all our teams
- Ensuring there are always qualified first aiders onsite
- Carrying out risk assessment and reporting all injuries
- Supplying all teams with the appropriate clothing and equipment
- Ensuring health and safety information is available to all team members, families, and visitors.
Legal requirements for teams working within a nursery state that 50% of the nursery team must hold a recognised Level 2 childcare qualification and that a qualified paediatric first aider is always present.
At Grandir UK we take great pride in the fact that we exceed these basic expectations:
- More than 60% of our teams hold a minimum of a Level 3 childcare qualification. Any team member who wishes to undertake their Level 3 will receive plenty of encouragement and support!
- 1 in 2 team members are qualified in paediatric first aid for your peace of mind. All teams also undergo food hygiene, manual handling and health and safety training
- Our teams undertake specialist training to ensure they can provide excellent support to all children and families
All our nursery teams attend a wide variety of training sessions throughout the year. This allows them to gain vital knowledge in areas like safeguarding and special education needs, alongside instructions on how to deliver programs like Sing & Sign, Boogie Mites, yoga for the under-fives, and music and movement. This ensures that your little one can enjoy a diverse array of interesting and stimulating activities during their time with us.
Get in touch
If you’d like to book a visit at your chosen nursery or have any questions about Grandir UK, please contact our friendly customer services team on 0800 028 4500 any time between 8.30 am – 6.30 pm.