Food and nutrition
- Our nursery menus are produced with the guidance of registered dietician
- We cater for all individual dietary requirements, including vegetarian and vegan
- Our traffic light system keeps mealtimes safe and fun for little one’s with allergies
- Four week rolling menus are for each season to keep mealtimes interesting
- Meals include varied textures and flavours to encourage children to try new foods
- A great opportunity for children to learn about taking turns andtable etiquette
Mealtime in the Baby Unit is a perfect relationship-building opportunity for child and carer. Our practitioners always ensure that the type, consistency, and portion size is just right for your baby. We have a specific baby menu to cater for every stage of the weaning process which also follows the traffic light system to ensure every child’s safety.
For our 2 – 5-year-olds we see mealtimes as an important opportunity for social interaction and a tool for building confidence and independence.
Our on-site chef caters to every child’s needs and our dedicated practitioners are vigilant with our traffic light system. This system consists of a simple but effective method. Whereby, any child with allergies has their meals served on a red plate that is covered and names. A child with specific preferences has their meals served on a yellow plate that is covered and names. Whereas children with no allergies or preferences have their meals served on green plates.
Get in touch
If you’d like to book a visit to your chosen nursery or have any questions about Grandir UK, please contact our friendly customer services team on 0800 028 4500 any time between 8.30 am – 6.30 pm.